The role of the Crous Social Services is to listen, to give counsel and support to students who encounter economic, social or psychological difficulties, thereby helping them to overcome individual problems and play a successful part in student life.
Our purpose and objectives
With a team of 15 social assistants, our social services are available to meet students by appointment in the universities or at the Crous Desk : 59 rue de la Madeleine, Lyon 7.
Subject to full professional secrecy, the Crous social assistants can meet with you and accompany you in your difficulties, whatever these might be (personal, medical, family, financial, administrative) helping you to find solutions.
- They can help you with the formalities concerning student life (budget, grants, housing, social legislation, work problems, and your rights to assistance and benefits.
- They can direct you to other specialized services.
- They work in close liaison with all the university services concerning student life as well as with appropriate outside public and private bodies.
- They are there to help you with administrative matters (grant and housing applications, social security, health insurance, the family allowance agency (CAF), etc.
- They advise on how to apply for financial aid from the FNAU (National Fund for Emergency Aid) and from charitable foundations and bequest funds.