Multiservice Card FAQ
A single card for what exactly?
A real piece of professional or student identification, the university multiservice card is issued to students and staff of institutions of the University of Lyon and the Pôle Universitaire de Saint-Etienne.
Your card allows you to:
- pay for your meals in university restaurants and CROUS cafeterias
- take out materials from the University Libraries
- access optional services according to your institution: access to buildings and university facilities, photocopying, printing, sports activities
- pay for your purchases at Moneo sales points
How is the card issued?
The multiservice card is issued by the education services upon enrolling, who print the following identifying information: last name, first name, birth date, student number, institution name, photograph… If you are enrolled in an institution that does not belong to the PRES Université de Lyon or the PUSE, you can apply for a CROUS-MONEO card from a university restaurant.
Where to recharge my Moneo card?
- At terminals in the various university restaurants and cafeterias (€10 min.): Recharge by bank card or recharge ticket
- At terminals in banks, post offices and some ATMs (€10 or €20 minimum).
- In telephone booths with the Moneo logo (€5 min.).
- At counters of every CROUS university restaurant and at the accounts office of Lyon CROUS: purchase recharge tickets the same you would for a mobile phone.
How to recharge my Moneo card?
Two options are available:
- Either a recharge by credit card
- Or a recharge from a ticket (cash payment only).
- The minimum recharge amount is €10, the maximum amount is €100.
RECHARGING BY CREDIT CARD:
1. Insert the multiservice card 2. Choose the amount 3. Remove the multiservice card 4. Insert the bank card 5. Enter the PIN code (cover for added security) 6. Remove the bank card 7. Insert the multiservice card again 8. Recharge in progress… 9. Remove the multiservice card 10. Take the receipt
CHARGING WITH A TICKET:
Recharge tickets are sold at the counters of every CROUS university restaurant and at the accounts offices of Lyon CROUS.
1. Buy a recharge in cash from the CROUS counters (€10 or €20) in the same way you would a mobile phone recharge. 2. Use the charging terminals 3. Insert the multiservice card 4. Enter the 14 digit recharge figures 5. Recharge in progress… 6. Remove the multiservice card 7. Take the receipt
How to pay for my CROUS meals?
1. The customer gives his card to the cashier or inserts it into the reader 2. The cashier enters the details (meal, salad, extras…) 3. The till directly debits the amount due based on the details, from the price saved on the chip. 4. The balance of the card is indicated by the cashier upon request. 5. The till warns if the card can not pay for the next meal.
Can you use the card in the different CROUS restaurants in France?
The student status recorded on the card is recognised in all CROUS restaurants equipped with electronic payment facilities.
How do I find out the balance on the card?
The balance can be checked at recharging terminals or on sales receipts. You can also ask for it when paying at a Resto’U till.
The cashier tells me that my card balance is zero, even though I have recharged it:
On the terminal, check:
- the balance of the Moneo card (on the recharge receipt you will see “chgt avec CB”)
- the Moneo balance on bank card (on the recharge receipt, you will see “chgt c/ cpte”)
If Moneo on bank card was recharged by mistake, use a self-service terminal for the repayment.
I have Moneo on my personal bank card. Can I use it to pay at CROUS?
You can not write the student price code on a bank/Moneo card or on a Moneo Bleue, so if used at CROUS the maximum rate will be applied (€6 to €7)
I can not charge my card! “Réseau indisponible” - “Network unavailable” => Technical problem:
Two error messages are possible:
- “Chargement impossible” - “Recharge impossible” => Technical problem
- “Chargement refusé” - “Recharge refused” => bank refusal
What to do if the card is lost or stolen?
Ask the education department of your institution. If lost or stolen, reissuing a new card will be at your cost.
How is the card balance refunded?
CAUTION: the balance of your lost or stolen card will not be refunded to you.
Refunds are possible in the following cases:
- card unreadable
- end of use or life of the card
You can at any time, and for six months after expiry of the Moneo validity, obtain a refund of any unused electronic money. This refund can be obtained by transfer to a bank account, only upon presentation of the card to the Moneo issuing bank (see back of card) or, failing that, to the Société Financière du Porte-Monnaie Electronique Interbancaire (Interbank Financial Company of Electronic Payments) SFPMEI. In some cases, the Bank may have to verify the identity of the holder. Electronic money contained in a Moneo card that is lost or stolen can not be refunded.
Refunds are not guaranteed by either the higher education institution or by CROUS.
I’m having trouble for access control on campus and/or TCL/STAS/SNCF terminals:
Check that your CUMUL card is not stored too closely to your Técély or OùRA cards. Some cards do work using the same technology as CUMUL cards. The reader can then detect both cards at the same time, when validating a trip, or when using your card for access control. Present the correct card on its own to the terminal.
What is the lifespan of the card?
You keep the same card for 3 years!
The multiservice card has a validity that is specified by the hologram label on its face. In subsequent years, you will be issued with a new hologram to be displayed on the card to replace the previous one.
The duration of monetary value linked to the Moneo e-wallet is 3 years. The monetary expiry date is printed on the back, at the bottom of the card.
Printable version Send